HighRealm Servers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NLR, Radio, Updated Guides for training, Time Period Notification and Non-RP materal

3 posters

Go down

NLR, Radio, Updated Guides for training, Time Period Notification and Non-RP materal Empty NLR, Radio, Updated Guides for training, Time Period Notification and Non-RP materal

Post by Roxas Kennedy Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:24 am

So gents,
With this new server there are a couple of things we gotta address to make sure this isn't another DR catastrophe (aka retarded shit)
Some of the Issues (out of alot) are as follows
-Nothing aside from shooting/Running in peace,
-NLR Being Broken
-Training getting lax
-Radio Metagame
So. Here is a suggestion for people
In terms of training NCO's hate it, (i'm one included) so we delegate, as such inexperienced trainers teach the wrong stuff causing problems, if we could have a volunteer write up a Highrealm Server Training Guide (for each faction) in Google Docs or some other cloud based doc then we got no issues.

In terms of Radio metagame, There was a mod that added a radio/pager mix into the server, it was essentially under businesses tab to buy then it would be in inventory and you could turn the FREQ of the radio to a different channel, thus allowing privacy, you type in chat /r and viola it tells person sending it out ext. Might fix some radio metagame (at the cost of more shit in server) I'll try to find it.

In terms of NLR, this might be a longshot but could it be possible to setup a system where you can't leave either the spawn building or you can leave the base perimeter without waiting NLR or else you get killed? it might help NLR cheaters from doing shit. Kinda like that NLR Mod that prevented you from entering that bubble where you died.

Finally in terms of Nothing to do in peacetime there should be something in the Businesses tab for civilians. Maybe let soldiers go into town or whatnot and go to a bar ext. Essentially make a civilian based market that all factions can interact in peacetime. To prevent people from getting bored.

Just a thought

Roxas Kennedy

Back to top Go down

NLR, Radio, Updated Guides for training, Time Period Notification and Non-RP materal Empty Re: NLR, Radio, Updated Guides for training, Time Period Notification and Non-RP materal

Post by Jonathantorres8 Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:27 am

I agree

Jonathantorres8

Back to top Go down

NLR, Radio, Updated Guides for training, Time Period Notification and Non-RP materal Empty Re: NLR, Radio, Updated Guides for training, Time Period Notification and Non-RP materal

Post by BrandonFTW Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:42 am

Dear Roxas,

Thank you for providing a very detailed and explanatory suggestion with interesting topics that can help improve the server well being and player availablity to roleplay. I have been working on these issues and will explain how these will be implemented and issued into the server.

Training Requisitions
I have a completed United States Army and United Nations Training Guidelines saved within a Google Docs drive and will be added to the forums as soon as I am available. I will try to add the training guide within the forums instead of a link to Google Docs, it is quite shocking how lazy people are. As for the Non-Commissioned Officers being unable to train new recruits fairly and efficiently, I will personally make an appearance and watch trainings first hand to see why they are being inflicted badly to new recruits and causing chaos. Don't worry, I believe it's cause we have no training guide as of yet, so that should fix the issue.

Radio Implementation
This is a simply and easy addition that can be added to the server. Nutscript, which is the base that holds a serious roleplay server, has certain items and equipment that are disabled within the files by default for owners to freely edit to their respective server. There is a radio system in the Nutscript items file that can be added and spread to every soldier with the use of a vendor. As for its implementation, only the owner can access the files and add it. I have no access to this as of now, once he has added the file into the game, either I or he can add the vendor within each faction with its own radio. Eventually, each faction will have respective radio frequencies and an overall frequency that can be used for global radio talk with other Factions. As for the time being, OOC chat is the best option for radio talk and metagame will be enforced by staff.

NLR Restrictions
This is a simply rule that all players must abide to. By default, NLR means you cannot return to your past death location or remember any past experiences. If a player dies outside the base, they are restricted to staying inside the respective base until NLR is cleared. Any disobedience to this will result in punishment by staff.

Peacetime Boredom
I have personal issues with this as well and can relate to boredom during peace. As for now, staff should not be using peacetime unless it is ABSOLUTELY necessary. There will be an implementation involving peacetime events for certain factions like helicopter crashes and NPC invasions that can happen at any time. I apologize if the server becomes slow or inactive, players must improvise to keep players interested and wanting to return. The more players, the more action.

I hope this helps you and your suggestion ideas. If you have any other concerns, please comment. Thank you.
NLR, Radio, Updated Guides for training, Time Period Notification and Non-RP materal Jayadhira-lila-ee-0-1.regular
BrandonFTW
BrandonFTW
Community Manager
Community Manager

https://highrealms.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum